This kind of relationship requires an emotional investment from both partners. There is a consistent effort to strengthen the emotional bond by engaging in the following behaviors:
- Spend quality time together.
- Engage in physical affection.
- Have regular, meaningful conversations.
- Be open and transparent with one another.
- Listen attentively to one another.
- Share hopes, dreams, and vulnerabilities with one another.
- Verbally praise, encourage, and express appreciation for one another.
- Demonstrate tolerance and patience with one another.
- Initiate sexual intimacy on a regular basis.
- Work through conflict constructively.
- Have fun and relax together.
- Share one another’s emotional pain.
- Respect each other’s boundaries.
- Meet another’s emotional needs.
- Demonstrate love and respect.
- Show random acts of kindness.
© Copyright 2020, Change My Relationships, All Rights Reserved.